Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Touching the Sky by Tracie Peterson

I have been enjoying a steady stream of new books to read from Bethany House Publishers and I'd like to share the opportunity with you. You too can receive review copies by visiting: HERE.

Now on to the review.



I had the pleasure of reading and reviewing Tracie Peterson's Touching The Sky. This novel is set in the Civil War era which is of particular interest to me and my family. I have a nine-year-old son that knows more about that war than most adults, including me.

Tracie Peterson did a fantastic job of showing the strong feelings on both the Union and the Confederate side of the war. I was intensely attached to the characters and even felt compassion for those characters that don't hold the same political view as I do of the Civil War. It really was a tragic war and the author conveyed that very well through her characters. I especially appreciate how the main male character stood strong in his biblical convictions throughout the whole story.

I really do not like book reviews that spoil the story for future readers, so I do try to refrain from revealing too much. This is the second book in a series. I have not read the first book, but the second book certainly makes me want to read the first!

Very well done Ms. Peterson!

I was given a copy of this book to review by Bethany House Publishers. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment